If you are in interested in buying or selling, which website should you use for your research, HouseCallRealty, Realtor.com, Zillow, Redfin, Trulia etc…?
You probably have many questions. Which one lists the most homes for sale? Which are the most accurate? How up to date are they? When you click on a house and an agent is shown to contact - are they the actual listing agent? Who do they really cater to? Will you get spammed? And the most important question, WHICH ONE SHOULD YOU USE?
When I’m speaking with my clients, especially buyers, they always, and I mean 100% of the time, search for homes on multiple sites? Why? Because they think there are different homes for sale on different sites. It is simply not true. Every website out there, including my site HouseCallRealty, use the same data from the “Multiple Listing Service” or the MLS, which is what Realtors use. So what does this mean? It means all of the sites have the exact same information. So to save time, pick one that you like and stick with it.
Zillow, Redfin, and the other sites make money selling advertising to Realtors and Lenders to appear as the listing agent and lender for the home. They cater to real estate agents and lenders who pay for placement - advertising. I personally get solicited at least once a week from these sites to pay for placement (advertising) in a certain city or zip code. For example, if I bought a portion of 91915 and 91941 on Zillow, I would appear as the listing agents for 100’s of homes…because I paid for it.
If you use one of these websites and click on multiple different homes, your information will be sent to the various Realtors and lenders who paid to have their names listed in that area and you will begin receiving calls/emails/texts from them soliciting your business. These sites are not interested in helping you, they are in business to sell advertising – period.
So where should you safely search for homes – HouseCallRealty.com!!
- It’s lists every home for sale in San Diego County and is updated every day.
- Your information will not be sold.
- You won’t get calls/emails/texts from tons of agents across the county.
- You can set up custom searches.
- You can see how much your home is worth on a monthly basis.
- You can see what is selling in your neighborhood and for how much.
- I’m available 7 days a week to answer any real estate related questions you may have.
- It is super easy to use. **A broker is licensed to render real estate advice. If you desire tax, legal or lending advice, consult the appropriate professional. Videos and marketing by Broker are intended to help educate the public. Laws and real estate practices may change at anytime. All information deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and determined on a case-by-case basis. If your property is listed, please disregard as it is not our intention to solicit. We cooperate fully with other brokers. Equal Housing Opportunity and member of the National Association of Realtors.